Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Dogra Regiment

Rohit Dogra is the only person having surname Dogra I know in my whole life.


Mr. Rohit Dogra I know you don't like writing long lines so lets talk point to point.

Things which you make different and I admire personally are:

  • Your passion - You're Mumbai returned and that too from Bollywood but believe me your heart still resides there. It comes in your talks, your thoughts, your iPad based activities ;) One advise I can give is don't leave your passion, live it. Make a nice documentary, write a story, act, sing, dance, do what you can do but live it.
  • Detailing: The way you dive into details is amazing and too explanatory sometimes. Detailing is  important so this is something I feel most of us are lacking. We're always in a rush but I've never seen you in hurry. So calmness is the right word. Be calm and things will happen is something I am taking from you.
  • Chai :) - Yeah you're a big fan of Chai and the BC over it specially. I never used to spend time on chai like this before as I'm more into my desk. But Chai is important as it refreshes us, rejuvenates us, gives us something interesting to talk on and keeps us refreshing.
  • Patience : Like I said you are in no hurry so this is very rare to see. I never saw you in panic mode and wish we as humans can learn something from this. Things will happen their own way so lets not just panic.
  •  Make your own idols: I know you like Anurag Kashyap, Khushwant Singh and many more self made men. So that says it all. Your idols are true fighters in their life as they made an attempt to prove their point ot the society and they did it. YOu've the same spirit in you so just fight with it and we'll see you in Mumbai soon.
More on Rohit Dogra @ https://www.facebook.com/rohit.dogra.9883
Adios
J.J.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jimmy, feel honored. I will like to point the first and last point. "Your passion" and "Make your own idols". Rest I humbly accept as accurate observations.

    *On your passion*: I definitely want to do that. This is unfinished business and Mumbai owes this to me. My soul will not receive any Moksha and will wander if I die without making any movie. I always feel I need to live life to my fullest and show my experiences and experience of people in my life in that movie. I will be happy if I make even one good movie about "My understanding of Life". Please wish my dream comes true some day. The way my life is going till now I am not able to see how this will be happening?

    *Make your own idols*: My ideals are normally people who followed their passion, were clear on what they are doing and persevered inspite of all odds. They created their own rules, did what others thought are not possible. They never followed the herd and chose the road less traveled. Same goes for my another hero Steve Jobs. When I listen to people like Anurag Kashyap or see their work, I don't think I am in any way less then them or they are very smart but one thing they have done which I could not is that they persevered inspite of all issues. I faced some issues & took a decision based on personal relationship. I wish I had also persevered but you at that time I did what I felt right. You can only know how good or bad were your decisions only looking backwards. I still wish I am someday in a position to do what I wanted to do.

    ...One more thing. On calmness and patience in me, at one point of time specially when I was in Mumbai or during my early days when I came back, I realized all this time that things did not happen even after my best intentions and best efforts. Whatever happened it happened making me feel that what I want or the way I want hardly mattered. Things happened when they had to and not when I really wanted them. So why hurry at all? Rather patiently accept things and try again to bring the desired change. Not sure if this is the best thing?

    ReplyDelete